If you’re anything like me, you love yourself a good DIY project. And what better time than at Christmas, right?
You know what my favorite kind of DIY projects are?
And that’s just what I was able to do with this cute little Christmas tree garland.
DIY Christmas Tree Banner Using Music Sheets
I was browsing Pinterest (of course I was ;)) for cheap and quick Christmas garland or banner ideas.
I wanted to display something below our headboard and didn’t want to go out and spend on something if I didn’t have to.
Enter: Music sheets!
Pinterest had tons of music sheet project ideas!
The awesome thing was, I had a stash (I call 3 books a stash LOL) of music books that I’d found at the thrift store months earlier.
When I was looking for them and found them, I knew they would be a great staple to have in the home because you can create so many things with them.
I had to do a bit of brainstorming to figure out how exactly I wanted to do this.
I’m not an artist by any means, but I got the idea to try “drawing” some basic Christmas trees onto the music sheets.
- Music sheets
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks (or hole puncher if you want to string the ribbon through holes rather than hot glue the ribbon).
Inexpensive DIY Christmas Tree Banner Tutorial:
- Cut out music sheets to your desired size and shape.
- Draw or sketch (or print the trees, then cut with a scissor) your trees onto each sheet. I used a simple black marker.
- Attach a ribbon or string of your choice to the back of the sheets using glue sticks and a hot glue gun.
- Stand back and admire your gorgeous DIY Christmas tree banner!
- And then hang it up too. That’s an important little step and part of it, right?
And I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself too for trying to sketch those trees and not giving up after having to throw a few first drafts away.
Trial and error, my friends. It works.
I dare you to go and do some of your own sketching. You might be surprised at what you come up with – and feel good about creating your own Christmas banner without having to go out and buy a bunch of stuff.
I loved the way this little music sheet DIY turned out!
Inexpensive and pretty?! That’s my favorite combo.
I honestly caught myself staring at it and forgetting what I came into the bedroom for sometimes. I’m such a sap. It’s the little things, guys, it really is.
Have you worked on any DIY projects for Christmas, or in general lately? Let’s share our adventures together in the comments below!